In our last blog post you learned that cortisol the hormone that you don’t want. It’s known as the stress hormone and we want to decrease it. Serotonin, however, is the good hormone that you want in your brain. Serotonin reduces stress. Thus, you want to increase serotonin in your brains.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that influences everything from your appetite to your memory, sleep cycle, sex drive and mood. It’s your body’s natural stress reliever.
This infographic from LifeHack, highlights 11 natural ways to increase serotonin levels in your brain and of course, we add the 12th!
- Eat more turkey
- Book a massage
- Take more B vitamins
- Get some sun – but be careful in the Phoenix summer heat!
- Take magnesium supplements – it’ll help keep you regular, too!
- Be more positive
- Reduce sugar intake – sugar’s bad all the way around!
- Exercise more often – we can help with that!
- Take more Vitamin C
- Practice self-care to reduce stress
- Smash your frustrations out in a Rage Room!
Oh, one last one that they missed: eat chocolate! But, eating too much chocolate, though it makes you feel better, adds inches to your waistline and you’ll be mad at your scale. It’s better to work it off in a Rage Room.