Here we list 13 things that you can do to start Single-Tasking instead of Multitasking:
- Eat breakfast without checking your phone, watching the news or reading the paper.
- Simply sit and observe when you’re on the train, bus, or in a waiting room.
- Watch a movie from start to finish without distractions.
- Listen to an album all the way through.
- Focus on the art of listening instead of talking.
- Capture to-dos in a notebook instead of multitasking.
- Have a morning ritual.
- Divide your tasks into 20 minute intervals.
- Declutter your workspace.
- Detox from technology one day a week. (You do need at least one day of rest a week. Disconnect!)
- Check your phone/emails at designated times of the day.
- Slow down your evening with a night ritual. Start shutting off lights one hour before bed and stay off the phone, computer or tablet.
- Keep one browser window open at a time when online.
Everybody has times of stress. It’s part of life. Thankfully, we’re going to have a fun solution to the need to de-stress very soon in Tempe: Simply Smashing Rage Room!