Are you in one of these most stressful jobs? If so, the amount of stress that you go through is staggering to say the least.
There are 3 main stressors for a profession to qualify as a highly stressful job:
- Work environment
This infographic from CareerCast lists the top 10 Most Stressful Jobs in America:
#10 being the most stressful.
- Real Estate Agent: Too much competition and if you don’t sell, you don’t eat.
- Advertising Executive: Having to please clients and you’re expected to produce results and come up with new and creative ideas.
- Public Relations Officer: Nothing like having to deal with a PR crisis especially now with the speed of social media viral postings.
- Highway Patrol Officer: A first responder and a high-risk profession.
- Commercial Pilot: You have the lives of all your passengers in your hands.
- Police Officer: Another first responder who never knows what they’ll encounter in a situation.
- Surgeon: You literally have a patient’s life in your hands.
- Taxi Driver: You never know who’ll you pick up and if you don’t get fares, you don’t eat.
- Corporate Executive: Like the ad exec, you’re expected to produce results as well manage employees.
- Fire Fighter: You’re running into a crisis when normal people would flee.